While the Democrats don’t discuss the Black Lives Matter movement much anymore, during the 2020 election, the party stood beside them as they called for law enforcement to be defunded across America. As a result, numerous Democrat strongholds like California, Chicago, and New York decided to lead the way. And now, all of those cities and states struggle with crime and violence exploding in the streets. Not that long ago, Democrat Congresswoman Karen Bass, who is running to be mayor of Los Angeles, revealed that her own home was burglarized. Thankfully, the congresswoman was not home at the time, but the thieves were able to snag a few items that, included two firearms.
**Let’s Connect! Join Our Community**
Speaking with the Los Angeles Times, Karen Bass admitted that the firearms taken from the house were “safely and securely stored” in a Brinks lockbox. The Democrat noted that no other valuables in the house were stolen. “It’s unnerving and, unfortunately, it’s something that far too many Angelenos have faced.”
Although the police don’t have an exact time when the burglary happened, on Friday night, Karen Bass attended and spoke at the National Hispanic Media Coalition annual Impact Awards. But while the Democrat claimed the entire situation was unnerving, many wondered why she had two firearms in her possession when her own party fights to ban certain assault rifles from being purchased by law-abiding citizens.
For those who might not keep up with what issues Karen Bass supports when it comes to gun control, she promoted the following:
Co-sponsored Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act
- to prohibit the transfer or possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, except for its lawful possession within the United States on or before the date of this Act’s enactment; and
- the importation or bringing into the United States of such a device (with some exceptions).
- Identification Markings: Requires a large capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after this Act’s enactment to be identified by a serial number that clearly shows that the device was manufactured after enactment.
- Whoever knowingly violates this law shall be fined, imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
Co-sponsored Resolution on Gun Violence
- Urges Congress to enact legislation based on the President’s recommendations to reduce gun violence
- Urges state legislatures to reject proposed stand-your-ground legislation
- Urges states to repeal enacted stand-your-ground laws.
- Condemns gun violence
- Condemns relevant parties for their roles in obstructing the ability of communities to be safe from gun violence and in proposing stand-your-ground legislation and similar legislation that compromises public safety and the integrity of the prosecutorial system, and
- Condemns all efforts to weaken gun laws and proposals that stand in the way of comprehensive gun law reform.
Voted YEA the Bipartisan Background Checks Act
- It shall be unlawful for any person who is not a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer to transfer a firearm to any other person who is not so licensed [and conducted a background check].
- The [restrictions] shall not apply to any law enforcement officer, or member of the armed forces, or bona fide gift between spouses, between parents and their children, or between siblings or [immediate family members].
- Temporary transfers [are allowed] if the transferor has no reason to believe that the transferee will use or intends to use the firearm in a crime or is prohibited from possessing firearms; at a shooting range; or while reasonably necessary for the purposes of hunting.
This piece was written by Jeremy Porter on September 11, 2022. It originally appeared in LifeZette and is used by permission.
Read more at LifeZette:
Reporter Attempts To Blame Trump For Democrat Allegedly Stabbing Investigative Journalist To Death [VIDEO]
Dr. Oz Springs Off Stage To Help Collapsed Woman
MSNBC Host Claims Jesus Did Not Oppose Abortion
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Chris Plante. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.
Leave a comment
COMMENTS POLICY: We have no tolerance for messages of violence, racism, vulgarity, obscenity or other such discourteous behavior. Thank you for contributing to a respectful and useful online dialogue.